1. Information We Collect
1.1 Information We Collect and Receive. In order for you to use our Site and Services, we need to collect and process certain types of information. Depending on your use of our Site and Services, this may include examples such as the following, which we have collected in the preceding twelve (12) months:
- Information you provide to us by completing forms on our website: For example, your name, contact, and address information, and any other information you may provide in the forms on our website;
- Information you provide to us by contacting us: Any personal information you may provide to us when you email or call us, such as name, email, phone number, employer, and any other details you provide in your communications. DISTILL may also request your contact information for the purposes of having someone contact you for additional information, or in response to your request for information from us;
- Transaction information when you purchase Products and/or Services from us: For example, if you make purchases with your credit card, we may use your credit card information for billing and credit card validation purposes;
- Login information, such as username and password, that you may use in connection with our Services;
- Information you provide to us through your use of the Services, such as user search data or user-uploaded data (e.g. the unlabeled and anonymized time-series data that you may actively choose to upload to our Services);
- Information about your activity through our Products and/or Services, including your device information, such as your IP address, the type of device or browser you use, and your actions on the Site.
We will only use personal information to provide you with information, Products and/or or Services you have requested, or for other purposes set out in this Policy. Personal information does not include aggregate information from which individual identities have been removed.
1.2 Information from Children. DISTILL does not knowingly solicit or collect any personal information from anyone under 13 years of age, and children under 13 are not permitted to register for or use our Site or Services, including by subscribing to receive information from DISTILL. Parents can contact our customer service department to access, change, or delete the personal information that has been submitted by a child. If we become aware that a child under the age of 13 has provided us with personal information, we will delete it.
- Recognize you whenever you visit this website (this speeds up your access to the website as you do not have to log in each time);
- Support security and any authentication features on our website;
- Obtain information about your preferences and use of our website;
- Carry out research and statistical analysis to help improve our content, Products and Services, and to help us better understand our customers' requirements;
- Improve the speed and performance of our website and Services;
- Make your online experience more enjoyable and efficient; and
- Keep track of the items stored in your shopping basket and take you through the checkout process.
The cookies we place on your device fall into one of the following two categories:
- Session cookies: these allow our website to link your actions during a particular browser session. These expire each time you close your browser and do not remain on your device afterwards.
- Persistent cookies: these are stored on your device in between browser sessions. These allow your preferences or actions across our website to be remembered. These will remain on your device until they expire, or you delete them from your cache.
The cookies that we place on your device may also be:
- Strictly necessary cookies: these cookies are essential for you to be able to navigate our website and use its features. Without these cookies, we could not provide you with the Services you have requested.
- Performance cookies: these cookies collect information about how you use our website, for example, which pages you go to most often. These cookies do not collect personally identifiable information about you. All information collected by these cookies is aggregated and anonymous, and is only used to improve how our website works.
- Functionality cookies: these cookies allow our website to remember the choices you make (such as your username, language, last action, and search preferences) and provide enhanced, more personal features. The information collected by these cookies is anonymous and cannot track your browsing activity on other websites.
You can opt-out of online behavioral advertising cookies and similar technologies by using the Digital Advertising Alliance's Consumer Choice Tool available here, or if located in the European Union you can make your choices here. Please note you may continue to receive generic ads.
Your browser may give you the ability to control some types of cookies. If you do not want to accept the kinds of cookies you can control, you can change your browser settings so that certain types of cookies are not accepted. To control flash cookies, which cannot be disabled through your browser, please go to: http://www.macromedia.com/support/documentation/en/flashplayer/help/settings_manager07.html
If you turn off any cookies, please be aware that you may lose some of the functionality of this website. For more information about cookies and how to disable them please check one or more of the following resources: http://www.allaboutcookies.org/
2. How We Use Information
DISTILL may use the personal information we collect for the following purposes:
- To deliver our Products and Services;
- To allow you to log into and access your account;
- To provide customer service and our support services;
- To process any financial transactions you make on our Site;
- To alert you about product updates, special offers, updated information, and other news and services from DISTILL;
- To ensure our Site and Products and/or Services are relevant to you and your interests;
- To help us create and publish content most relevant to you; and
- To contact you in response to sign up forms or requests.
3. How Information May Be Shared
DISTILL does not sell or rent any of your personal information, and we do not share your personal information publicly without your consent. DISTILL also does not disclose sensitive personal information for purposes other than those permitted by applicable law. However, we may disclose your information to certain trusted third-party services to help us provide, improve, promote, or protect our Products and/or Services. For example, we may use data storage vendors or partner with other companies to process your payments or to store your personal information when necessary to support delivery of our Products and/or Services and respond to customer service requests. Whenever we share data with third-party services, we require that they use your information only for the purposes we've authorized, and that they protect your personal information at least to the same standards we do.
We also reserve the right to disclose personal information when it is reasonably necessary to conduct our business, protect DISTILL’s legal rights and property, and to comply with the law. Otherwise, your personal information is not shared with any individual or other organization.
4. Protection of your Personal Information
We take the security of your personal information seriously, and follow industry-standard practices to protect the data we collect and process. DISTILL has therefore put in place commercially reasonable physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the personal information that DISTILL collects. Access to personal information will be restricted to our authorized personnel who require the information in order to perform their duties properly. In addition, access will be limited to only that information that is strictly necessary for the performance of those duties.
Remember, the safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where you have chosen, or where we have given you a username and password for access to certain parts of the Site or Services, you are responsible for keeping the username and password confidential. No method of transmission over the internet or electronic storage is completely secure, so DISTILL cannot guarantee its absolute security.
5. Data Transfers
6. Basis for Processing - European Residents
Data protection law in the European Economic Area (EEA) requires a lawful basis for collecting and retaining personal information from residents. Our lawful bases for processing personal information include:
- Performing the contract we have with you: In certain circumstances, we need your personal data to comply with our contractual obligations, such as to deliver our Products and/or Services, and answer any questions you may have.
- Consent: we may ask your consent to process your personal information in certain situations.
- Legal compliance: Sometimes the law requires us to collect, store, or use your data for legal purposes.
- Legitimate interests: This is a term in data protection law that allows us to process your personal information if we have a legitimate reason to use your data, and only if we do so in ways which do not hurt your interests and rights. For example, we sometimes process your data to pursue our legitimate interests in running our business, including for delivering our Products and/or Services, protecting you from fraud, quality assurance, and marketing purposes. However, we also ensure that our legitimate use of your data does not materially infringe your rights, freedoms, or interests when compared to the processing.
7. Email Notifications
We will hold your personal information on our systems for as long as is necessary to perform the relevant processing activity for that information, or as long as is set out in any relevant contract you hold with us. The relevant retention period is determined on a case-by-case basis because it depends on things like the nature of the data, why it is collected, why it is processed, and any relevant legal or operational retention needs. For example, we may retain your data for as long as you are a customer of ours so that we may process and complete any orders you may make with us. We may also be required to hold some types of information to fulfill legal purposes. We review our retention periods for personal information on a regular basis. When the relevant processing activity has been completed, we may destroy your data, or alternatively anonymize the data, such that the data is not personally identifiable.
9. Personal Information Requests - Canadian, European, and Certain US Residents
While these rights are not globally applicable, users or Site visitors residing in certain locations, including Canada, the EEA, and US states California, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, Indiana, Iowa, Montana, Oregon, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, and Virginia may be afforded certain rights regarding their personal information. Except where an exception or exemption applies, these rights may include the ability to request disclosure of the information we have collected about you, as well as the right to review our data collection practices related to you, the ability to request deletion, correction, or limitation of your personal information, and the right not to be discriminated against due to your exercise of any of the preceding rights. To ensure that your personal information is accurate and complete, please contact us through the email address below regarding any errors or updates affecting the personal information that we may hold.
You may email us at [email protected] or call us at 952-807-8902 to request access to, correct, or delete any personal information that we hold about you. Residents of California may also designate an authorized agent to exercise certain privacy rights on their behalf, and should make any such request by contacting the above email address. To protect your privacy and security, DISTILL may take reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting access to, correcting, or deleting data. We will generally respond to your request for information within 45 days, unless, for reasons beyond our control, a longer response time is necessary, in which case, you will be advised accordingly. Please note that we may retain certain information as required by law or as necessary for our legitimate business purposes.
10. Questions, Comments, or Complaints
DISTILL strives to satisfy our customers' and visitors' privacy concerns. However, if you have contacted DISTILL about your issue and are still unhappy with our response, and if you are also a resident of the European Economic Area, subject to applicable law, you may contact your local EU Data Protection Authority (DPA) regarding your issue. DISTILL commits to cooperate with the panel established by the EU DPAs, and to comply with the advice given by the panel with regard to data transferred from the EU. More information is available here.